When does Culture Roar collect my personal information?
You may provide personal information to Culture Roar several ways including: (1) by sharing your e-mail address when subscribing to our newsletter, (2) by sharing personal information when you submit news tips to our editorial team or by submitting a report via our Contact Form, (3) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories, (4) by participating in a survey where an email address is requested. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site. Culture Roar is an open community but email addresses are requested to participate in some of our member-only features.
In addition to basic contact information, our analytics trackers may also collect other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does Culture Roar use my personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
- The email address you provided through our newsletter subscription form enables us to send you a daily digest of Culture Roar news stories. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter as you personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) Subscribers can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- The email address associated with your account when you comment on our stories may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on Culture Roar’s website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism
- If you choose to comment on Culture Roar stories through Twitter and/or Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
- We may at times request your participation in a survey. We will not provide your email addresses to any third party but may contact you via them to distribute prizes in associated giveaways.
- We may also share your email address or other information with third-party vendors including. Such information will be used for data analytics and advertising targeting. However, we do not sell individual personal data or email addresses or allow them to be used for mailings you have not asked to receive.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from Culture Roar, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Non-personally identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers, business, or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them.
Who else has access to my personal information?
The ads appearing on Culture Roar’s website are delivered to you by DoubleClick, Federated Media, or Lotame, our Web advertising serving partners. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you on this site. And, in the course of serving advertisements to this site, third party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. For more information about DoubleClick, cookies, and how to “opt-out”, please go to http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy
Accounts associated with Culture Roar are all ‘public.’ By ‘public,’ we mean that certain information will be viewable by all users. What you see on other user profiles is the same information that other users can see about you.
Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and Culture Roar?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by Culture Roar may become public information. Culture Roar.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
Culture Roar Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, or “spam” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the Culture Roar website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed to Culture Roar shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at Culture Roar’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The Culture Roar community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
- Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the Culture Roar community by being respectful and considerate.
- Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the Culture Roar community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.